Most golfers have trouble with chipping because they use their hands and arms too much rather than their hips and shoulders. Some of the fundamentals in chipping differ from a normal swing:
- The ball position should be much further back in the stance
- There should be no wrist action in the impact zone
- Your wrists should be flat at the finish
- Your weight should be further forward
- Your hips and shoulders should be open to the target.
We designed the Swing Boss primarily for improvement in longer golf shots, but it is equally a great way to groove in good chipping habits.